There’s A 22-Disc Robin Williams DVD Collection Coming
Robin Williams was one of the funniest men to ever grace this planet. That’s a fact. When he sadly passed away in 2014, the world was rocked. People began talking about mental health and suicide more than ever before.
You probably already own DVDs of his movies, however a new DVD collection is coming, and it includes footage that you will never have seen before.
The collection includes:
- All five HBO stand-up specials together for the very first time, including Off the Wall (1978), An Evening with Robin Williams (1983), An Evening at the MET (1986), Live on Broadway (2002) and Weapons of Self Destruction (2009)
- Never-before-released shows, including Robin’s full MGM Grand Garden stand-up from 2007 and the Montreal stop on his last tour in 2012, a conversation on stage between Williams and comedian David Steinberg
- Robin’s best talk show and late-night TV appearances on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Graham Norton Show, Saturday Night Live and more
- Rare, never-before-seen clips including early stand-up, raw footage from HBO’s promo shoots, a hilarious toast to Richard Pryor by Robin as Mrs. Doubtfire, and more
- Brand new interviews with close friends and family including Billy Crystal, Steve Martin, Jay Leno, Eric Idle, David Steinberg, Lewis Black and Zak Williams
- 11 hilarious episodes of Mork & Mindy, including the two-part pilot!
- James Lipton’s Emmy® Award-nominated 90-minute interview with Robin on Inside the Actors Studio, plus deleted scenes
- A comprehensive collection of Robin’s USO shows around the world
- Hours of bonus features including behind-the-scenes footage, local highlights from tour stops, promos and more. Featurettes include: The Early Years, San Francisco: Where It All Started, Comic Genius, and TV’s Best Guest
- Critically acclaimed 2018 HBO documentary, Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind from Emmy® Award-winning director Marina Zenovich and Oscar-winning producer Alex Gibney.
- “Robin Williams: Uncensored,” a collectible 24-page, full-color memory book featuring rare, archival photos from award-winning photographer Arthur Grace, reminiscences from friends and colleagues, Robin’s personal tour notes and more.
- All housed in a deluxe collector’s box
It looks like you’ll only be able to order it from mail order distributor TimeLife if you’re based in the US.
Everyone’s favourite housekeeper looks set to get a Broadway adaptation and we couldn’t be more on board with the whole thing.
If somehow you haven’t seen the classic film, it basically tells the story of a recently divorced dad and struggling actor posing as a female Scottish housekeeper, hired by his ex-wife, to ensure he gets to keep some kind of relationship with his kids.
When you write it out like that, it actually sounds much darker than the heartwarming flick is – honestly, it’s all wholesome family fun.
Robin Williams took on the lead role which became one of his most recognised and appreciated, taking home a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture—Musical or Comedy.
Well now Tony-nominated Something Rotten! writers John O’Farrell, Karey Kirkpatrick, and Wayne Kirkpatrick are reportedly set to take the beloved childhood film and create a new stage musical based on the story.
This is what I’m writing next. In this version, Daniel/Doubtfire learns to be a responsible parent – but also stops Brexit https://t.co/BszjiUfOQM
— John O’Farrell (@mrjohnofarrell) August 28, 2018
Presented by Fox Stage Productions and Kevin McCollum, the Broadway-bound musical will be directed by Jerry Zaks, with a book by O’Farrell and Karey Kirkpatrick, and a score by the Kirkpatrick brothers.
— Susan Petersen (@sooznebr) August 28, 2018
In a joint statement, producers McCollum and Cohen “Mrs. Doubtfire is such a beloved story, both laugh-out-loud hilarious and extremely moving. Getting this team together and crafting Mrs. Doubtfire for the stage has been pure joy. We can’t wait to get into production.”