Christmas is the best, and not just because it fills you with all kinds of cheer. It’s because all the big companies compete against one another to bring out the best products in a bid to get you through their doors, and enjoying what they have to offer.
Well, McDonald’s is no exception to that, and they have just announced that as part of their Christmas menu line-up they’ve given their popular Big Tasty a bit of a make-over – they’ve added chicken.
Oh yes, the Chicken Big Tasty has been added to the menu, and the current Nacho Cheese Bites will be replaced with the ever-festive Camembert bites, accompanied by a ‘tangy tomato dip’. Mmmm.
The entire menu drops on Wednesday 21st November, alongside the already highly anticipated Maltesers Reindeer McFlurries.
The fast food brand has announced that their Christmas McFlurry is none other than Maltesers Reindeer. Holy sweet Jesus.
There’s two sizes of the McFlurry – both standard and mini size. But if you’re getting a mini then get to the back of the queue because no one has time for your nonsense.
Plus, it’s just £1.29 for standard and 89p for a mini ice cream. Nice.
They’re available from next Wednesday (November 21).
This comes after McDonald’s introduced a Millionaire’s Latte, and it sounds incredible.
They said: “From November 7th, McDonalds UK will be feeling festive, with the launch of this year’s McCafé Christmas cups. The stylish new cups will feature are part of McDonald’s #ReindeerReady campaign – getting customers across the country into the Christmas spirit. The McDonald’s reindeers feature across all cups in a geometric-style, beautifully-designed set-of-three cups.
“Customers can pick up their Christmas cups when ordering any hot drink from the McCafé menu – including a new addition…
“Introducing, the Millionaire’s Latte. The delicious new member of the McCafé family comprises of a large shot of espresso blended with steamed milk, a caramel biscuit flavour syrup, topped with a swirl of chocolate cream and a caramel drizzle.
“The latte is a little bit of luxury but at an affordable price point – £1.99/£2.29 RRP for medium and large respectively – it’s the perfect Christmas shop pick-me-up.”
Just look at it…
In similar news, Costa has released its Christmas menu and the offerings have been stepped up a gear. Usually they have the standard salted caramel, or gingerbread blah blah blah… but nope, 2k18 is a game-changer and we’re here for it.
First up, the food.
There’s something for everyone on this. Well, unless you’re vegan. Sadly, even the Veggie Christmas Lunch wrap has cranberry cheese.
- Pigs In Blankets Mac & Cheese
- Turkey and Emmenthal Shimmer Brioche – A dazzling shimmer glazed brioche bun with turkey breast, maple smoked bacon, Emmenthal cheese, a pork and sage & onion stuffing, flavoured with a spiced date BBQ sauce and mayonnaise.
- Prawn Cocktail Sandwich
- Christmas Cheese Board Panini – A sumptuous celebration of a post- dinner cheese board combining Red Leicester, Wensleydale, Mature Cheddar & Gran Movaria cheese with a redcurrant & port sauce on a seeded sourdough ciabatta.
- Ham Hock and Piccalilli Sandwich
- Beef and Caramelised Onion Toasted Baguette
- Ultimate Christmas Toastie – Made up of maple-cured smoked bacon and sage & onion stuffing, with béchamel sauce and cranberry sauce on cheese topped white bread.
- The Turkey Feast
- Pigs Tucked Under Blankets Panini
- Brie, Bacon and Cranberry Panini
- Veggie Christmas Lunch Wrap – Containing fabulous festive flavours such as sweet potato falafel with Wensleydale & cranberry cheese and spiced plum chutney.
PIGS IN BLANKETS?! We are living for this menu.
In terms of the drinks…
- The Caramelised Orange & Cream Latte and Caramelised Orange & Cream Hot Chocolate
- Hazelnut Praline & Cream Latte and Hazelnut Praline & Cream Hot Chocolate
- The Luxury Chocolate – a small but beautifully formed rich, dark and decadent Hot Chocolate.
- The Luxury Caramel – a rich and silky Hot Caramel topped with milk foam
- Black Forest Hot Chocolate – this is the drink Costa fans get most excited about
- Gingerbread & Cream Latte and Gingerbread & Cream Hot Chocolate
- Hot Spiced Apple – served with an optional dried orange slice.
- Winter Character Roast – Limited-edition blend with hints of winter berries, dark cocoa and warming spices can be chosen to form the Espresso base of any Costa Coffee.
They’re all in store now.